Shops and Establishment Act governs the working conditions and rights of workers engaged in the unorganized sector. This includes wage payments, leaves and holidays, work hours, etc. Shop/Trade licenses are State subject and the rules differ accordingly.
This license is mandatory for all business entities, even if you are working from home. It covers - shops, commercial establishments, restaurant, hotel, theatre, public amusement, and retail trade/business. Every establishment needs to register itself within 30 days of commencement
AN Act to consolidate and amend the law relating to the regulation of conditions of work and employment in shops and commercial establishments WHEREAS, it is expedient to consolidate and amend the law relating to the regulation of conditions of work and employment in shops and commercial establishments in the State of Rajasthan.
(1) Within the period specified in sub-section (3), the employer of every establishment shall send to the Inspector of the area concerned a statement in the prescribed form, together with such fees as may be prescribed, containing-
(a) The name of the employer and the manager, if any;
(b) The postal address of the establishment;
(c) The name, if any, of the establishment; and
(d) Such other particulars as may be prescribed.
(2) On receipt of the statement and the fees, the Inspector shall, on being satisfied about the correctness of the statement, register the establishment in the register of establishments in such manner as may be prescribed and shall issue, in a prescribed form, a registration certificate to the employer. The registration certificate shall be prominently displayed at the establishment.
(3) Within thirty days from the date mentioned in column 2 below in respect of an establishment mentioned in column 1 the statement together with fees shall be sent to the Inspector under sub-section (1)
PAN / Aadhar Card / Driving License/ Voter Id
Photo of Owner
Photo of Shop along with Owner ( Just Click with Mobile Phone )
Rent Agreement, if Rented
(1) Nothing in this Act shall apply to:
(a) Offices of or under the Central or any State Government or local authorities;
(b) Offices of the Reserve Bank of India;
(c) Establishments for the treatment of the care of the infirm, or the mentally unfit;
(d) Persons whose work is inherently intermittent such as travelers or caretakers;
(e) Fairs or bazars for sale of work for charitable or other purposes from which no private profit is derived; and
(f) Libraries at which the business of lending books or periodicals is not carried on for purposes of gain other than that of making profit for charitable, philanthropic, religious or educational objects.
(2) The State Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, exempt either permanently or for any specified period any establishment or class of establishments or person or class of persons, to which or to whom this Act applies, from all or any of its provisions subject to such conditions as the State Government may sachem fit.